– Coming in March: a yoga class at our Community Room. Brought to you by the Social Committee.
– City of St. Louis Park Winter Clean Up Event: rescheduled to March 24, 2019, from 2pm – 4:30pm, Louisiana Oaks Park, South parking lot, 3500 Louisiana Ave S. Check the City of SLP Web site or Nextdoor for recycling details on what is accepted. Recycling is free of charge: Paper for shredding, holiday lights and electrical cords, household batteries.
– SAVE THE DATE: Greensboro’s Annual Meeting, May 16, SLP Middle School.
– Green Zone Parking: 72 parking permits have been picked up. Positive feedback from the Condo residents who do not have a garage and now have one spot in the Green Zone, especially when they come home late at night from work or entertainment. Please be respectful and do not park in the Green Zone between 4pm and 8am unless you have the permit. Enforcement protocol is being reviewed at the moment and will be communicated soon. If you feel that a car is parked in the Green Zone against the rule please let Shayne know and she will check on it. Do you have your green “Reserved Parking” vehicle tag? Pick it up at the Greensboro Office from 9-3, Monday-Friday.
– Arlene and Deb from the Board met with Dorothy from Nature’s Garden and discussed tree/shrub planting, pruning and taming areas prone to flooding and icing.
– SavaTree finished the winter tree pruning.
– Board approved Reserve Study update to be done later this year.
– Accepted engineer proposal to evaluate and determine which six 3 Bedroom townhome garage lintels will be slated for this year’s project.
– Reviewed trash bin usage and approved removal of trash bin on Oregon Ave S and 2 Bedroom townhomes, thus reducing trash cost, increasing traffic visibility, and gaining another parking lot space.
– Approved general brick repair hours for 2 & 3 Bedroom townhomes (32 resp 80 hours) and Condos (8 hours).
– Brandon, staff, completed the Level 1 Voluntary Certification for snow and control best management practices.
– All Condo boilers passed the State boiler inspection in February.
– Two Board members attended Gassen’s Town Hall meeting. Topics included salt/sanding application and responsibility, smoking restrictions, Board Meeting Minutes.
– Two Board members attended a CIC Lunch & Learn event about Rules & Regulations.
In the works: Maintenance and Repair Projects
– Getting bids for hand rail repair.
– Board is reviewing engineer’s thermal imaging report.
– Board is reviewing rental situation and what can be done within the governing documents.
– Does Greensboro have your car’s license plate on record? Send to Ric along with your car’s make/model/color at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the works: Volunteer Projects
– Do you have web skills? Greensboro’s lovely new web site is finished, but we need a web master! Contact Shayne at 952-253-4921, email SDamian@Gassen.com.
– Interested in working on a Grounds Committee? Contact Shayne or
Daniela @organizedinnotime.com, or talk to Arlene Bleeker.
– Jane Kaufenberg is looking for people to work on the Communications Committee, email her at email@example.com or contact Shayne.
– Architectural Committee, headed by Tim Hilger, is working on the patio plans to recommend to the Board, and home interior and exterior project approvals and will be assisting the Grounds Committee.
– Tom Marolt for shoveling around the Louisiana Ave bus stops and fire hydrants!
– Ric and Brandon! It has been quite a challenging month with the record snow fall!
Useful information/It’s the rule:
– The City of St. Louis Park allows residents to park in the Little League ball parking lot overnight.
– Heat in condo’s: Call Shayne or the Office if you have too much heat OR not enough heat.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING SNOW REMOVAL GUIDELINES:
– SHOVELING – Trigger depth is 1.5” for Reliable to come on site. Under 1.5” Greensboro staff are responsible for shoveling. Includes sidewalks, steps, front entrances and fire hydrants.
– PLOWING – Trigger depth is 1.5” for Reliable to come on site. Under 1.5” there is no plowing. During excessive snow events, a plow “pass” will be made down the drive lanes only for access.
– ICE CONDITIONS – Management or Greensboro staff may decide to issue a work order to Reliable if icy conditions prevail. Sand/Salt applications will normally be applied within 24 hours. Contact Gassen if you note a hazardous location.
– CONDO BLDG’S – Shovels and ice melt containers are kept at each entrance for Owners to use.
– 2 & 3 BDRM TH’S – Ice melt containers are at the front entrance for 2 bedroom homes and the back entrance (garage side) for 3 bedroom homes.
– Ice melt containers are placed on the backside of the garages at 7317/7321, 7357/7361 and 7433/7437. Please use the product and call the on-site office for refills, 952-544-0477.
– TIMEFRAMES: Reliable has 12 hours from when the snow stops to complete plowing and shoveling operations (once trigger depth is met).
– BLIZZARDS – Timeframes may be extended during blizzard conditions.
– STAFF HOURS – Greensboro staff are on call and rotate weekends. During snow events, staff will follow instructions from the Board of Directors and Management only, as to whether shoveling/sanding is required. During heavy snow/ice events, staff are expected on site to assist with snow removal operations.
– CITY STREET PARKING – City streets and sidewalks are City responsibility to clear. Please use your garage to park your car(s). Follow their parking winter rules.
– TOWING – Vehicles violating parking regulations may be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense and WITHOUT WARNING. Vehicles will be towed to Bobby & Steve’s, 394 & Penn Avenue, 612-377-4743. The impound lot is located at 5100 Park Circle in SLP.
– SNOW PILES – Will be moved as needed. If there is excessive snow, the open field owned by the nursing home will be used to deposit snow.
– Extenuating circumstances – Reliable is contracted to perform per the Board approved contract. Sometimes a plow can break, a truck breaks down or crew get sick, delaying service. We ask for your patience should this occur.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR PATIENCE & COOPERATION!
Please help by:
– Reporting any problems (grounds, lightbulbs, renting, security, etc.), to Shayne (952-253-4921 SDamian@Gassen.com) and she will forward it on to the right person.
– We need your front entrance stoops clear of personal property (grills, furniture, etc.) so staff can shovel easily.
– The staff has set out a number of shovels in strategic places around Greensboro for owners to use and return for “self-help” shoveling.
– Gassen Property Manager – Shayne Damian:
Phone 952-253-4921, email SDamian@Gassen.com
– Greensboro’s office – Ric & Brandon:
Phone 952-544-0477, email Greensboro_Square@hotmail.com
Mark the date:
– Next Board Meeting: TUESDAY, March 26, 2019. Home Owner Forum from 6:30pm to 6:45pm. Suggestions/ideas are welcome.
– Annual Meeting, THURSDAY, May 16, 2019, SLP Middle School. Registration: 6-6:30 pm. Home owners must attend or fill out a proxy, so the Board can legally vote and run Greensboro’s business.