- 2 and 3 bedroom townhouse furnace filters were changed by Blue Ox.
- Asphalt Associates filled cracks in the parking lot.
- New parking lot light on the pole near 2010 Louisiana plus the new lights for the Louisiana retaining wall are now functional.
- The Board attended a training session on Rules & Responsibilities of the Board, presented by Tim Broms of Gassen.
In the works: Maintenance and Repair Projects
- Does Greensboro have your car’s license plate on record? Send to Ric at email@example.com.
- On October 18 someone dumped oil in one of our dumpsters, creating an oil spill. Our dumpsters and recycle centers have drain holes in the bottom, they are NOT air or liquid tight! Greensboro had to pay to have the dumpster taken away and the oil spill on the asphalt cleaned up. The asphalt, in the area of the spill, will need to be repaired in the spring. Please note anyone putting any unauthorized materials in the dumpsters and notify Gassen.
- Mint Roofing is working on roof rep air and maintenance and will be finished by early November.
- Brick repair is ongoing.
- Fall Clean-up including leaf blowing by Reliable is in progress and should be finished by November 15.
- Stone sill repair project, phase I, will begin shortly.
- 3 bedroom garage lintel project: The 6 units are in various stages, some are awaiting new doors, a home owner responsibility.
- Water inspection by Greensboro staff at 7318 & 7414 buildings: If your unit has not been inspected yet, please contact Ric/Brandon to schedule an appointment.
In the works: Volunteer Projects
- Do you have web skills? Greensboro’s lovely new web site is finished, but we need a web master! Contact Shayne at 952-253-4921, email SDamian@Gassen.com.
- Interested in working on a Grounds Committee? Contact Shayne or Daniela @organizedinnotime.com.
- We will be evaluating tree and bush planting very soon.
- Pat Cheney is heading the Parking Committee to review the parking situation. Contact her either directly or through Shayne if you would like to participate.
- Jane Kaufenberg is looking for people to work on the Communications Committee, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Shayne.
- Ad Hoc Committee for Caulking/Steel Lintel’s Scope of Work will be expanded to include assessment of original window/door conditions.
- Architectural Committee, headed by Tim Hilger, is working on the stone sill pilot project and patio plans to recommend to the Board and will be assisting the Grounds Committee.
Useful information/It’s the Rules
- Consider setting mouse traps in your garage as mice start looking for a winter place.
- No boats or trailers allowed on parking lots or in front of garages.
- No tethering of animals (Rule 3.5). Tethering tools are interfering with lawn mowing/maintenance and snow blowing. Any damage caused by a tethering device to lawn mower or snow blower, windows etc. or dog poop removal, will be charged back to pet owner. Also remove any pet toys from lawn.
- Rules and Regulations (November 2017 version) is posted on Greensboro’s website at greensborosquare.com / Homeowners / Important Documents / Rules and Regulations
- If you do not receive general email notifications including the News Brief from Greensboro contact Shayne to be added to the list.
Please help by:
- Reporting any problems (grounds, lightbulbs, renting, security, etc.), to Shayne (952-253-4921 SDamian@Gassen.com) and she will forward it on to the right person.
- Checking your outside lights and switch them on for safety and security especially now going into the winter. Our outside lights use LED bulbs and are very inexpensive to run 24 hours/day.
- Parking: the parking lot is always full overnight and we also need room for trucks working on maintenance projects. Please ask guests to park on street, and keep parking spots set aside with orange cones free during the day. Also, are you parking in your garage, or using it for storage? Remember that Greensboro was not built in an ‘everybody owns 2 cars’ era!
- Removing the following items from your patios and stoops: snow shovels, summer furniture, gardening tools, unused pots, etc. to keep a pleasant appearance at Greensboro.
- Gassen Property Manager – Shayne Damian:
Phone 952-253-4921, email SDamian@Gassen.com
- Greensboro’s office – Ric & Brandon:
Phone 952-544-0477, email Greensboro_Square@hotmail.com
Mark the date:
- Next Board Meeting: TUESDAY, November 27, 2018. Home owner forum from 6:30pm to 6:45pm. Suggestions/ideas are welcome.
- Caroling at The Villa: Thursday night, December 20.