- Greensboro Garage Sale, September 8-9, from 9AM to 5PM. See Kaycee Kramer (7316) for requests and more details.
- Louisiana Avenue retaining wall replacement is finished and includes new sidewalks, lights and plantings.
- Grounds disturbed by the Comcast fiber optic project were restored by Nature’s Garden at Comcast’s expense.
- Various concrete sidewalk fixes.
- National Night Out was a success. We had beautiful weather, visits from both the police and even a fire engine! Attendees enjoyed conversations with new and old residents, lawn games and root beer floats. We even collected a full box of food to donate to STEP. Thanks to Tom and Maureen Marolt and Lauren from the Social Committee.
- 18 parking lot light fixtures have been installed. One more by 2010 Louisiana Ave will be installed.
- Furnace filters have been replaced in August.
- Swimming pool light is fixed.
- Annual roof inspection report presented to board who approved proposed roof repairs to be performed this fall.
- Board approved insurance renewal with a 5% wind/hail deductible instead of a 2% as in the previous year. Homeowners: Please make sure your policy will cover loss assessments for wind/hail and $25,000. Insurance certificate and instructions can be found on Greensboro’s website under Homeowners, ‘Important Documents’.
- Board approved necessary maintenance as requested by insurance carrier: tree trimming by chimneys as well as handrail replacement.
In the works:
- Do you have web skills? Greensboro’s lovely new web site is finished, but we need a web master! Contact Shayne at 952-253-4921, email SDamian@Gassen.com.
- Ad Hoc committee is soliciting assessment bids to be presented to the board.
- 3 Bedroom garage lintels: Project started in August. 2 are almost done, 2 are in in the process, followed by 2 more in September.
- 3 Bedroom balcony cantilever beams: Project started. Balcony residents: please make sure to move furniture away.
- Ongoing general brick repair.
- Low Grow No Mow grass re-seeding will be performed by Nature’s Garden in September.
- Stone sill: Board is looking at various options for stone sill repair.
- Patios: Board is looking at various options.
- Flood plan survey proposal: tabled till October.
- If you do not receive general email notifications including the News Brief from Greensboro contact Shayne to be added to the list.
- Consider setting mouse traps in your garage as mice start looking for a winter place. Don’t leave your garage doors open for extended periods of time.
- Switch on your outside lights for safety and security reasons.
- Swimming pool closure: September 24.
- New committees formed: Communication Committee– Chair Jane Kaufenberg, Financial Committee – Chair Logan Kern, Architectural Committee – Chair Tim Hilger.
- Any problems (grounds, lightbulbs, renting, security, etc.), please contact Shayne (952-253-4921 SDamian@Gassen.com) and she will forward it on to the right person.
- Parking: the parking lot is always full overnight and we also need room for trucks working on maintenance projects. Please ask guests to park on street, and keep parking spots set aside with orange cones free during the day. Also, are you parking in your garage, or using it for storage? Remember that Greensboro was not built in an ‘everybody owns 2 cars’ era!
- Recycling: our recycling company wants no bags used – they jam up the machines! Please ‘empty’ your recycling in the recycling bins. Plastic bags go in the garbage, empty paper bags in recycling.
- Removing the following items from your patios and stoops: snow shovels, gardening tools, unused pots, etc. to keep a pleasant appearance at Greensboro.
Mark the date:
- Next Board Meeting: TUESDAY, September 25, 2018. Home owner forum from 6:30pm to 6:45pm. Suggestions/ideas are welcome.