Election Ballots Due by May 21
– Every Owner received a ballot, candidate bio and self-addressed envelope for the mail-in vote for 2021-2023 Board positions. There is a seat open each for Condo, 2 and 3 Bedroom. PLEASE VOTE: make your selection, sign, date, put in the envelope, seal and mail! Without a large enough vote Greensboro CAN’T legally function for the year!!! The results will be tallied by Gassen on May 25 and announced at the Board meeting that evening. Candidates are asked to attend in person at the Club House.
COVID-19 Measures Still in Place
– Mandatory mask wearing in all four Condo buildings’ common areas and laundry rooms and when meeting with Gassen staff inside the Club House.
– The Club House/Party Room is still closed, due to coronavirus concerns.
Important: Gassen Website for Communication and Association Dues Payments
– Gassen Connect was replaced on March 1 by AppFolio – link: https://gassen.appfolio.com/connect/. This software is Gassen’s preferred communication method and should be used to create quick work orders for downed branches, dead critters, needed light bulbs for resident’s porches (keep those LEDs on!) and the garages, etc. It will also be used for paying Association dues. Connects from phone, laptop, tablet. If you were already registered for ACH dues payment, you MUST sign up again at AppFolio. Use the eCheck method for Auto Pay and avoid delays and fees. And landlords need to register their tenants so they don’t miss out on announcements.
– Please respect the green and yellow parking permit areas. If you have a yellow permit don’t park in the green permit area and vice versa. A warning will be given once, then the car will be towed!
– Don’t back into your parking spot – it is NOW part of the Rules and Regulations.
– Commercial, nonregistered and guest cars need to park on the street or in the baseball parking lot between 4pm and 8am.
– No boat parking. Motorcycles must park in the designated motorcycle parking areas.
– If the parking lots have to be cleared for snow, repair or maintenance, you will be given advance notice. And give a good reason to the Office or you will be towed.
– And a reminder to LOOK before complaining: maybe somebody is parking for 10 minutes to put away their groceries? Let off a friend or relative who is disabled? Kindness costs nothing, and we truly need it these days.
– The pool will be opened as soon as the license is received from the County.
Recycling – following the rules from DSI
– Recycle as much as possible. We still find a lot of cardboard boxes and bottles in the trash bins. You must break down the cardboard boxes so all of us have space. Please note that clean/rinsed items should be dumped in the recycle bins unbagged. Plastic bags (and crib liners) gum up the machines, and paper bags should be put in flat.
– Thank you to everyone who volunteered for our Finance and Social committees! The survey about the committees is still up on the web site, please read if you have not read it.
– Greensboro’s Minutes and News Briefs are up-to-date on the web site, and posted to AppFolio, thanks to web master Mark Stilley and Onsite Manager Sonja Spohnholtz.
– Gassen staff and Board members had their annual walk-through inspection of the Greensboro buildings and grounds, taking many photos and creating project lists.
– The parking lot was swept on April 23.
– Reliable mulched the West Franklin flower beds and removed winter debris.
– SavATree trimmed back the trees by 7414’s new roof.
In the Works
– New dog registration forms will be sent out by Gassen and MUST be returned by each owner. There is a one-time only $10 fee for dog-related maintenance. Registered owners will receive the code that unlocks the dog park fence. If you have the code please don’t share it!
– Re-roofing of Condo building 7414 has begun. There will also be one 2-Bedroom and two 3-Bedroom building re-roofed this year.
– Re-siding and brick work will commence again shortly.
– New patios for the 2 Bedroom units facing Franklin have been delayed until 2022.
– Greensboro staff will inspect townhouse dryer vents.
– Townhouse furnace filter replacement will increase from semi-annual to quarterly as voted by the Board in March. Blue Ox will change filters on Wednesday, May 12.
– The pool will be opened as soon as the license is granted, hopefully by mid-May.
– Quotes are being obtained to add drip edges to all the condo roofs. A pilot last year proved that drip edges protect the balconies from wet and rot.
– Architectural Committee, headed by Tim Hilger, is working on many projects including interior homeowner projects that may impact common area components. It is best to reach out to Sonja Spohnholtz or Tim before starting a home improvement project – this will save owners many headaches, and owners MUST sign off on completed work. This includes installing flooring in the Condos and changing walls anywhere.
– Landscaping Committee has begun spring weeding.
Useful information/It’s the Rule
– Starting an indoor or outdoor remodeling project, including door area cameras? You must fill out the Architectural Authorization Request form available on the web site. Send to Gassen and avoid problems!
– Please do not store anything in the condo hallways!
– Please make sure that you or your vendor hauls away remodeling material from projects. It does not belong in the Greensboro garbage bins. Homeowners will be fined.
– There is a separate fee for hauling away household appliances and furniture. They do NOT belong in the trash or in the garbage, this includes mattresses! Contact Gassen to arrange special pick up, the price is reasonable.
– No tethering of animals outside– St. Louis Park has coyotes!
– No bird feeders are allowed at Greensboro, it is a Rule. The 2 biggest issues are: it attracts squirrels; second, the dropped food land on balconies below or on the ground where it creates a mess.
Please help by
– Calling the police immediately if you see or hear suspicious activity at Greensboro. Car catalytic converters have been cut in the greater St. Louis Park area including Greensboro. And check your garage manual release – is it opening without your manual release key? We have had robberies.
– Placing mouse traps in your garages.
– Picking up trash, sticks, your cigarette butts and wrappers, your dog’s poop, etc. and putting them into the trash bins located throughout Greensboro.
– Reporting any problems (grounds, critters, no heat, lightbulbs including your porch lights, security, etc.), by creating a maintenance request on your Gassen Appfolio account (preferred) or contacting Sonja Spohnholtz (Greensboro@gassen.com or 952-544-0477) and she will forward it on to the right person.
– Sonja Spohnholtz, On Site Property Manager:
Phone 952-544-0477 (also answered when Sonja is off duty),
Mark the date
– Next Board Meeting: TUESDAY, May 25, 2021. Homeowner Forum from 6:30 pm to 6:45 pm. Suggestions/ideas are welcome. This will be an online meeting and Gassen will email an invite. Annual Board Election results will also be announced and Candidates are asked to attend in person at the Club House
About The Author: Admin
old email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
More posts by admin