- Our new website is live!! Check it out: www.greensborosquare.com. A big Thank You to our board member Melissa Burrows for leading this initiative. We are still fine tuning and replacing some older pictures. If you have great pictures of Greensboro to share, please let Shayne know.
- Replaced damaged railing at 7316 building.
- Replaced circulation pump that caused vibrations and loud noise in 7316.
- Installed 3 door closers in the 7412 building.
- Approved roof repair at 7414 building.
- Salt was added to the softeners in the town homes.
- Approved one week of general brick repair for Condos, 2 bedroom and 2 bedroom townhomes.
- Received reimbursement check of $24,000 from Minnehaha Watershed Foundation towards the cistern project
- Approved parking lot LED lights for tall light poles in parking lot.
- Approved renewal of property management contract with Gassen Company.
- Approved to move forward and hire Gassen Project Management for soliciting, reviewing and proposing ledge sill bids to board.
- Approved HVAC repair at community building.
In the works:
- Management is soliciting proposals for the repair of the sewer line issue for a 2 bedroom townhome on Franklin.
- Management is soliciting input from Stone Valley and DMR for their recommendation on up to six 3 bedroom townhome garage lintels should be repaired this year.
- Management and onsite staff is reviewing preventative maintenance plan.
- Window caulking project: 5 pilot units have been identified. Estimated start date is mid April. See also below ‘Window Replacement’.
- Stone ledge sill: Collecting bids.
- Applying for FHA (Federal Housing Administration) approval
- House numbering for 2 bedroom (front and back) and 3 bedroom townhomes (garage side): postponed till spring.
- Our insurance agent is working with FEMA to redefine flood plain area
- Emergency lock boxes: St. Louis Park Fire Department offers emergency lock boxes for a one-time subscription fee of $50. The lockbox contains a key to the home that can be accessed only by a special key carried by police and fire personnel. If in an emergency resident cannot unlock door, firefighters or police officers can open the door with a key instead of forcing the door open and causing damage and additional cost. Board approved to allow such boxes to be installed on the outside of the door in the top left or right corner. For further information visit www.stlouispark.org/lockbox or call the fire department at 952-924-2595.
- Window replacement (home owner responsibility): Shayne Damian at Gassen has received quotes from various companies. Contact her if you are interested in replacing your windows. Vendors may also be present at the upcoming Annual Meeting to answer questions.
- Saint Louis Park Recycling has a new rule: No more recycling placed in bags. Just drop your recycling loose into the dedicated recycling dumpsters. Pizza boxes go into the trash. Pleas help us by recycling as much as possible. We still see a lot of recyclable objects in the trash dumpsters.
- By switching on your outside lights for both security and safety. If they don’t work properly contact onsite staff.
- By calling the police if you see very suspicious activity. A couple of town homes have had attempted break ins and packages are reported stolen from condo building entrances.
- Picking up after your dog and cleaning any accidents in the condo buildings.
- By reporting dangerous/slippery surface situations immediately to staff at Phone 952-544-0477 indicating the exact location.
- By calling office for refill If your salt container is empty.
- FYI – Minneapolis received approximately 62 inches of snow this winter. We are predicted to receive another 6 inches by April 9th. Average, per WCCO, is 52 inches and yes, we are colder than normal. Staff and Reliable are working hard to plow, shovel and put grit and ice melt down. But, please report any problem areas to Gassen. Spring in Minnesota is “something special”.
- The speed limit is 10 MPH throughout all of Greensboro. Please comply for safety reasons.
Greensboro’s office – Ric & Brandon: phone: 952-544-0477 | email: Greensboro_Square@hotmail.com
Gassen Property Manager – Shayne Damian: phone: 952-253-4921 | email: SDamian@Gassen.com
Board positions needing candidates:
- Condo, 2 and 3 bedroom board positions are up for renewal at the Annual Meeting for two year terms. If you are interested and would like further information please contact Shayne Damian. Accounting, legal, insurance, marketing, engineering or mechanical knowledge is appreciated.
Mark the date:
- Next Board Meeting: TUESDAY, April 24, 2018. Home owner forum from 6:30pm to 6:45pm.
- Annual Meeting: Thursday, May 3, 6:30pm. Notices will be mail out.